Essay title: Your Vote is Our Future
- Contest is open to all Kennewick, Pasco and Richland high school students
- The essay must be 500 words or less. Only one essay per student may be submitted.
- All essays should be:
- Be double spaced
- Have one-inch margins
- Include the essay title
- Be typed in 12 point font
- Be in Microsoft Word or a compatible format
- Submissions must be submitted via the League of Women Voters of Benton and Franklin Counties email address lwv.of.bf [at] gmail.com by May 15, 2020 May 22. Due to the timing of our letter to the editor, the contest deadline has been extended to the 22nd.
- Include essay author’s name, age, grade, address, email, phone number, name of high school, and name of parent or guardian
- The essay will be judged on quality of analysis, quality of research, and form, style and mechanics
- Judges are local English teachers and editors
The League of Women Voters thank the award sponsors. Without their generosity, this contest would have not been possible.